Table of Contents
UPDATE: Aug. 17, 2023, 5:00 AM EDT This post has been updated with the latest travel deals on flights, trains, luggage, and more.
Summer isn’t over yet! There’s still time to book some fun in the sun with this week’s best travel deals. Check out our picks on the best deals for flights, cruises, theme parks, and more below.
We all follow those people on Instagram who are somehow always on vacation. We don’t know their life story, but we’d be willing to bet they didn’t pay full price for that excursion — they just planned strategically. We’re keeping track of the best flight, train, luggage, and hotel deals below to help you do the same. Now get outta here.
Why we like it
The cold weather version of Frontier’s internet-breaking summer pass unlocks unlimited flights to both domestic and international Frontier destinations between Sept. 2 and Feb. 29, 2024, for a one-time fee of $299. Frontier serves more than 100 airports across the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America, with new locations frequently being added to the lineup. This is cheaper than even the summer pass’ debut price of $399 and its long-term sale price of $499.
Frontier also dropped a monthly pass that’s free for the first month (aside from a $49 enrollment fee) and renews for $149 monthly after that. Your unlimited monthly pass begins the day you purchase it and runs for 30 days each period. Be sure to read the fine print before snagging any of the tickets.
More flight deals
- Air New Zealand — flights between LAX and Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane starting at $1,195
- Sandals Resort — get a $500 air credit when booking a flight on stays of seven or more nights or a $250 air credit when booking flights on stays of five or six nights, plus a $150 spa credit on stays of five nights or longer
- Southwest Airlines — fares as low as $49 (including September travel) when booked by Aug. 24
Trains, cruises, and rental cars
Why we like it
If you need a sign to book that cruise you’ve been talking about taking since last year, Norwegian Cruise Line’s current deal is it. All cruises are currently 35% off, plus an unlimited open bar and free airfare for a second guest — and the genius part is that you two can split that cost. The Greek Islands, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, the South Pacific, Greenland and Iceland, and Northern Europe are all options available between seven and 10 days, plus trips to Alaska and Hawaii. You’ll also save with an unlimited open bar, plus discounted meals and WiFi. If you want to bring a friend, they’ll receive free airfare.
More train, cruise, and rental car deals
- American Airlines — save up to 35% on rental car base rates
- Amtrak — save up to 15% on Pacific Surfliner trips and X Games admission, up to 50% on Northeast trips, up to 15% on California trips, and more
- Holland America — get included gratuities for two guests plus up to $150 to spend on board
- Priceline — save up to 20% with Avis and Budget rental cars and 10% on rental car express deals with code RDTRIPPIN, plus get up to $1,000 in travel credits and up to $1,000 to spend at sea with the Ultimate Cruise Sale
- Princess Cruises — book with extra low fares plus get up to $285 in onboard spending and third and fourth guests free
Why we like it
Vacation doesn’t feel like vacation when you’re trying to cram a theme park’s full glory into a few short days. You can add three full days at Universal to your trip for free when you purchase tickets for two days (as long as they’re all consecutive). That’s five days for the price of two, so you can really take your time between Universal and Islands of Adventure — or even devote a whole day to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Regulars (or future regulars) at Universal Orlando can also get three months for free with the purchase or renewal of any annual pass.
More experience deals
- Busch Gardens — pay for a day, get unlimited free visits through the end of 2024 at Tampa or pay for a day, get unlimited visits through Howl-O-Scream and between Jan. 8 and Sept. 2, 2024 free at Williamsburg
- Walt Disney World — get four days for $99 each with the 4-Park Magic Ticket through Sept. 29
Why we like it
Joining Red Roof’s free RediRewards program can make your lodging arrangements for any summer trip a whole lot cheaper. Members save an extra 15% on their stay when booked before Sept. 22, and can earn a free night’s worth of points just for completing two separate stays. Pets also stay for free at all Red Roof locations.
More hotel deals
- Andaz Mexico City Condeza by Hyatt — 20% off select stays through August 31
- B Hotels and Resorts Orlando — save up to 25% on stays of three or more nights when booked by August 22 and completed before Sept. 25 with code BSUMMER
- Casa de Sierra Nevada — stay three nights and get a fourth night free through Dec. 15
- Extended Stay America — save up to 45% on stays longer than 30 nights
- Hampton Inn — save up to 17% on the Best Available Rate when you book at least seven days in advance
- Hotels.com — save up to 25% when you book through the app
- JetBlue — save up to 20% on hotels if you have a JetBlue flight
- Kimpton — save between 15% and 20% when you book three or more nights by Sept. 4
- Marriott — save up to 20% on hotel and flight bundles to select destinations
- Priceline — save 15% or more on thousands of hotels with the Back to School Sale
- Sonesta — save up to 30% on stays through Sept. 15 when you stay two or more consecutive nights with code SUM2023
- Walt Disney World — save up to 25% on stays most nights through August 20 as well as Sept. 15 through 28, or up to 30% on stays most nights between August 21 and Sept. 14
- Wyndham — save up to 15% when you book and pay at least seven days in advance
Why we like it
Still putting up with your suitcase’s busted wheel? Longstanding luggage icon American Tourister’s current sitewide sale is your excuse to finally replace it. Save up to 20% on hardside and softside spinners, carry-ons, garment bags, and more.
More luggage deals
- Calpak — save up to 60% on sale luggage and travel bags
- Dagne Dover — save up to 60% during the mid-summer sale
- Herschel — save 30% on Forever Classics
- Kohl’s — save up to 50% on suitcases from Delsey, London Fog, Rockland, and more
- Macy’s — save up to 60% on Bric’s Milano, DKNY, Jansport, and more
- Mark & Graham — save up to 50% on select styles
- Samsonite — up to 25% off sitewide
- TravelPro — save 15% sitewide
- Tumi — save up to 25% on hardside luggage and carry-ons, totes, backpacks, and more at the semi-annual sale